The Stacking Delivery
The A500 / A700 was designed as a universal delivery for processing folded brochures, especially signatures.
The products are collected by the machine, stacked and the neatly jogged stacks are delivered to a buffer table. The operator removes the ergonomically convenient jogged stack from the delivery table and no longer has to knock-up the products. This means that, even after several hours of production, the folding machine can still run at full production without tiring the operator.
The A500 / A700 delivers free of markings, i.e. no smearing of freshly printed products. In order to reduce set-up times the machine sets itself up pretty much automatically. The pressing unit can be opened at the press of a button, which greatly simplifies press roller cleaning and removal of double sheets.
As the A500 / A700 was mainly designed for signatures, the pressing unit is equipped with 3.5 t of pressing force.
Alongside this delivery technology, which has been established for years, the A500 / A700 contains a further essential component, "the intelligent output module", which only forwards book blocks that have been checked for completeness to the subsequent finishing unit (e.g. adhesive binder etc.).
It makes no difference whether it is dealing with a very small edition or mass circulation. Barcodes or registration marks are read and evaluated with the aid of a camera. These codes contain all important information such as: the book title, the number of signatures and which signature is currently being processed. Once the book block is recognised as complete, it is transferred for further processing. If the book block is incomplete, then it is redirected, transferred separately and ejected. Using this top-quality inspection and monitoring technology guarantees that only absolutely perfect book blocks are automatically transferred for further processing.
Ergonomic delivery of sensitive products without marks.
Considerable cost savings and flexible application options make this delivery essential behind folding machines, knife folders, mailers, digital presses and book-on-demand lines.
Ergonomic processing at the ideal working height make stack removal by the operator noticably simple.
- Delivery without marks, even with very sensitive products
- Automatic format recognition and integrated waste sheet ejection
- Improved pallet stacking due to very good compression of the signature at the spine
- Increased productivity due to perfectly jogged stacks
- Ergonomic working height for removing stacks
- Integrated operator aids such as a knockup table, storage compartments and drinks holder
- Product output to the left or right
- Very short set-up time due to semi-automation
- Pressing unit can be opened pneumatically
- Set-up for multiple up-work
- Barcode/DataMatrix reading system can be used
- Suitable for inline processing, automatic transfer to shrink wrap tunnel or perfect binder for book on demand lines
Pressing unit can be opened pneumatically so that the pressing rollers can be cleaned and double sheets can be removed quickly and easily.
Neat jogged batches are stored intermediately on the buffer table in a well ergonomic height.
Camera reading device (print marks, DataMatrix, barcode).